Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Coffee with Mike (Part 5)

About four years after Adrian’s death, when Adriana was in the 5th grade, Adriana and a friend were walking home from school. They passed a guy in a car. He called to them wanting them to come over. They took a few steps towards him and saw him masturbating. They totally freaked out! When they got home they were crying and so upset. We finally got them calmed down so they could tell us what happened. When I heard what happened I was beyond rage! I got my gun, took my daughter’s friend home, and I literally went out to hunt this guy down and kill him. I didn’t call the police or involve the authorities…I didn’t trust them. They never found the killers of my baby girl, so I never trusted that they would get the job done. I didn’t want them involved in anything in my life. I had no use for them. I would take care of my own business. So Adriana and I drove around awhile and found the guy near another school. I pulled up behind him, got out of my car, and walked up to him. I knew it was him because he was masturbating again. I grabbed him by the hair and shoved the gun in his mouth. When I put the gun in his mouth I felt some teeth break, and saw blood running down his face. I wanted to be the last person he saw before he died. I pulled back the hammer. Everything felt like it was going in slow motion. Then I heard Adriana cry out, “Daddy, Daddy, don’t! Please don’t! Please don’t do it!” Then I came to. It was like I was dreaming or in a trance. I looked at the guy for what seemed like for a long time and walked away. If it wouldn’t have been for Adrian telling me not to do it he would have been dead. I thought about it later and wondered how my little girl had so much power over me at that moment.

Another incident I feel I should tell is, a bunch of us went to a party at a buddy’s house where there were around 150 people at. Drinking and drugs were going on all day and night. By about four in the morning almost everyone was gone. We were looking for the guy who threw the party and we finally found him in the guest house on the floor. He was a heroin addict and had overdosed. He was still alive, but we did nothing. One of the girls that was there put his head in her lap and we all waited for him to die. And after he died we just left him there. We didn’t call 911 because the police would have shown up, and there would have been an investigation and we didn’t want to deal with that, so we just let him die. At the moment we were all so high that it seemed to make sense just to let him die and not involve the police, but later I felt bad about just leaving him like that. We were cowards. Three days later the police found him dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment